Win a Trip to PLA 2012!
Create a 60 second video telling us about your library and what you would hope to get out of attending PLA 2012 and send it to us. One winner will receive a free registration, four nights hotel, and up to $500 reimbursement for travel to and from the conference. If your library submits the video, only one person from the library can receive the prize. The top five videos (determined by members of the PLA board and staff) will be posted to our Facebook page for voting. The video with the most votes on Facebook wins! All videos submitted will posted on our YouTube channel. Be creative! We look forward to seeing your videos! Submissions will be judged based on “clear, compelling, and creative video statements
• Videos should be a maximum length of 60 seconds. Suitable file types are .mp4, .wmv, .mov.
• Deadline to submit a video/photo – Wednesday, February 1, 4:30 p.m. (Central Time).
• Email the file to Kathleen Hughes, [email protected] Include your name, library, contact information, and any video/photo details necessary.
• Use PLA 2012 Videos in the subject line.
• If you’re worried the file size is too big, use this free and easy file sharing site https://www.yousendit.com.
• Top five videos will be posted on the PLA Facebook Page on Friday, February 3, 2012.
• The winner will be announced on Monday, February 6, 2012.
Students! Tell Us Why You Would Like to Attend PLA 2012 and You Might Win
Library school students – send us a 150 word essay telling us about yourself and why attendance at PLA would benefit you. Be creative! Be succinct! Show us your enthusiasm and excitement for the public library world! We will pick the best essay and that person will receive one free conference registration, four nights hotel, and up to $500 reimbursement for travel to and from the conference.
• Essays should be 150 words.
• Deadline to submit an essay is Wednesday, February 1, 4:30 p.m. (Central time).
• Send the essay to Kathleen Hughes, [email protected] as a word document attachment to an email. Include your name, library school, and contact information.
• Use PLA 2012 Essay in the subject line.
• Winner will be announced on Friday, February 3.
Questions contact Kathleen Hughes – [email protected]